FALL EVENT ISOCARP SWISS ND
Urban development in Fraukfurt.
The Swiss National Delegation invited the Swiss
and German ISOCARP members to a joint meeting for
exchanging ideas amongst neighbouring ISOCARP Members.
The excursion taking place from 1-3 December 2011
was on current urban planning and urban development
in metropolitan areas such as Frankfurt a.M. The
Frankfurt Rhine-Main area is officially designated
as a European Metropolitan region and the second
largest metropolitan region in Germany.
The program on December 1 was as follows:
• Perspectives of town-planning / high rise buildings
• Urban Management of Europaviertel Planungsdezernat
• Metropolitanraum Frankfurt-Rhein-Main Regionalverband
• Guided city tour Kulturothek Frankfurt
• Joint Dinner / ISOCARP Meeting with the Swiss
and German National Delegation
• Tour on different sites in the city
Organisation: ISOCARP Swiss National Delegation (www.isocarp.ch):
Nicole Wirz Schneider and Felix Günther. Isocarp
members from Switzerland: Susanne Fischer, Felix
Günther, Peter Keller, Andreas Schneider, Stefano
Wagner; Isocarp members from Germany: Karl von Plettenberg,
Brigitte Schmelzer and Erika Spiegel.
With local cooperation & expertise from the German